THE COUNCIL OF SELF-INSURED PUBLIC AGENCIES WAS FORMED IN 1972
The organization is a non-profit benefit corporation whose specific purpose is defined as follows:
To assist member agencies in providing equitable and prompt workers’ compensation services to injured employees at the lowest possible cost to member agencies.
To provide a forum for member agencies to exchange information on mutual problems arising in the administration of workers’ compensation programs and other programs within the agencies risk management responsibilities.
To provide information on proposed legislation affecting workers’ compensation and other risk management programs of member agencies to the extent allowed as a non-profit organization.
To sponsor and support educational conferences and programs to benefit, enhance, and improve the knowledge of those members and associates involved in workers’ compensation administration.
COSIPA general meetings are held three (3) times per year in both Northern and Southern California. The Board of Directors welcomes your suggestions for future topics. Topics in the past have included:
- Case law updates are a regular feature at each meeting
- Legislative updates as issues arise in Sacramento
- Security in the Workplace: Guidelines for your IIPP
- ADA/Workers’ Compensation: Coping with the Dichotomy of Federal & State Laws
- Defending Sexual Harassment & Employee Liability Claims
- FEHA: The New Workers’ Compensation Benefit
- Defending psychiatric claims post AMA
- Navigating the Roads to Industrial Disability Retirement
- A panel discussion about ACOEM treatment guides
- The new Voucher System and the demise of Vocational Rehabilitation
- Utilization Review practices and penalties
- Audit processes and penalties