WORKERS’ COMPENSATION ANALYST
City of Los Angeles
OPENING DATE: 03/24/17
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
ANNUAL SALARY: $56,898 to $95,651
The salary in the Department of Water and Power is $76,984 to $95,651.
- For information regarding reciprocity between the City of Los Angeles departments and LADWP, go to: http://per.lacity.org/Reciprocity_CityDepts_and_DWP.pdf.
- The current salary is anticipated to increase effective June 25, 2017. You may confirm the starting salary with the hiring department before accepting a job offer.
A Workers’ Compensation Analyst administers Workers’ Compensation benefits for injured employees; authorizes appropriate treatment and assures that treatment is prompt, adequate, and economical; interviews injured employees, physicians, and witnesses and does other field investigation work; and discusses cases with attorneys, physicians, representatives of employee groups, and other persons involved in Workers’ Compensation.
- One year of full-time paid experience as an indemnity claims examiner adjusting workers’ compensation claims; or
- Two years of full-time paid experience as a Workers’ Compensation Claims Assistant with the City of Los Angeles.
- Some positions may require a valid California driver’s license. Candidates may not be eligible for appointment to these positions if their record within the past 36 months reflects three or more moving violations and/or at-fault accidents, or convictions of major moving violations (such as DUI).
- A “Self-Insurance Administrator’s Examination Certificate of Achievement” issued by the State of California (per California Code Regulations Section 15452) is desired. Some employees in the class of Workers’ Compensation Analyst, Code 1774, who obtain a Self- Insurance Administrator’s Examination Certificate of Achievement” issued by the State of California shall receive a biweekly bonus of $70.00. This bonus shall commence at the beginning of the payroll period next succeeding the date the employee presents proof of said Certificate of Achievement.
Where To Apply
Applications will only be accepted on-line. When you are viewing the on-line job bulletin of your choice, simply scroll to the top of the page and select the “Apply” icon. On-line job bulletins are also available at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/lacity/default.cfm for Open Competitive Examination and at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/lacity/promotionaljobs for Promotional Examinations.
Applicants are urged to apply early to ensure you have time to resolve any technical issues you may encounter.
Applications will be accepted until sufficient numbers have been received. Filing may close at any time without prior notice.
In accordance with Civil Service Rule 4.2, all applicants who apply may not be tested in this examination. To meet anticipated hiring needs, only a limited number of qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the written test in the following order: 1) Los Angeles City Promotional applicants who meet the minimum requirements. You must have received a regular appointment to a City position or be on a reserve list to apply for this examination as a promotional candidate; 2) Applicants currently employed by the City of Los Angeles on a part-time or exempt basis who meet the minimum requirements; 3) Remaining applicants who meet the minimum requirements in sufficient numbers to meet hiring needs in the order that applications were received. Applications submitted during the filing period will be kept on file for two years from March 24, 2017 in the event that additional applicants need to be tested to meet hiring needs.
[download-attachment id=”441″ title=”Worker’s Compensation Analyst – Los Angeles, CA”] (File size: 211 KB)